3D printing has become increasingly popular among makers, designers, and hobbyists. With a 3D printer, you can bring your designs to life and create custom objects that wouldn’t be possible with traditional manufacturing methods. However, to get the most out of your 3D printer, you need the right accessories. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best 3D printing accessories on the market.
1. Build Surface: A good build surface is essential for getting successful prints every time. Many 3D printers come with a basic build surface, but you can upgrade to a high-quality surface that provides better adhesion and reduces warping. Popular build surfaces include glass, PEI, and BuildTak.
2. Nozzle Kit: Nozzles wear out over time and can become clogged or damaged, leading to poor print quality. A nozzle kit gives you a range of nozzle sizes to choose from, allowing you to print with different resolutions and materials. It’s also a good idea to have spare nozzles on hand in case of a clog or other issue.
3. Filament Dryer: Moisture in filament can cause print quality issues and even damage your 3D printer. A filament dryer removes moisture from filament before printing, ensuring that your prints are consistent and high quality. Some filament dryers even have built-in filament spool holders.
4. Enclosure: An enclosure can help maintain a consistent temperature during printing, reducing the risk of warping and other issues. It can also help reduce noise and contain fumes, making your workspace more comfortable. You can buy pre-made enclosures or build your own using PVC pipe and plastic sheeting.
5. Tool Kit: A good tool kit is essential for maintaining your 3D printer and troubleshooting any issues that arise. A typical 3D printing toolkit includes items such as pliers, tweezers, a scraper, and a hex key set. Some kits also include specialized tools for specific printers.
6. Upgrade Kit: If you want to take your 3D printing to the next level, consider an upgrade kit. These kits can include everything from improved hotends and extruders to advanced control boards and sensors. Upgrading your printer can increase its capabilities and improve the quality of your prints.
7. Resin Accessories: If you have a resin printer, there are several accessories that can help you get better results. A UV curing lamp is essential for curing your resin prints, while a resin vat can make it easier to swap out resin and reduce mess. Other useful accessories include a spatula for removing prints from the build plate and a resin mixer for ensuring consistent resin properties.
There you have it, some of the best 3D printing accessories available to help you make the most of your 3D printer. Investing in quality accessories can make a huge difference in your print quality and overall experience, so consider adding some of these items to your arsenal.